The CD series "commmons: schola", which Ryuichi Sakamoto is currently working on as a life work, with the aim of exploring music of all genres from classical music to rock and folk music academically. This series of TV programs, which had been considered since the beginning of the CD project, was finally realized.
Program title, "schola (Schola) Ryuichi Sakamoto music school". The main highlight is that this time, Ryuichi Sakamoto will challenge the regular appearance of the TV program for the first time.
As the person himself says, "Schola like" is given the highest priority in this program. As many of you may already know, "Schola" is a Latin word that means "school". Based on this concept, we will delve into music as a discipline through workshops targeting junior high school students to high school students (mainly middle 2 to high 1) who aspire to music, dialogues with experts, and other rich documentary videos. The purpose of the show.
Among them, the special live performance by Ryuichi Sakamoto himself cannot be overlooked. As a result, Ryuichi Sakamoto who is the responsible editor of this program as well as the CD, has finished in a style of music program that has never existed before, telling, teaching, and playing the charm of music.
Ahead of the on-air at hand, the program producer Taketoshi Sado (Sado Taketoshi) said, this says.
The program composition is 4 times in total for one music theme (4 weeks/month). This time, which is the first season, we will focus on three themes: "Bach," "Jazz," and "Drums and Bass. It is inevitable that we will invite the luxurious guests who were also involved in the CD production for each theme, and to hold unique and academic lectures every time.
Not only for those who have already purchased "commmons: schola", but also for those who want to step into the deep music world from here, this program is a must-see.
- Broadcasting Station/Date: NHK Education Every Saturday from 23:45 to 24:14
- *Rebroadcast: NHK Education Every Saturday from 10:30 to 10:59
- 2nd NHK satellite every Tuesday from 16:30 to 16:59
- *Notice of rebroadcast suspension date
- Broadcast period: April-June
- 1-4: Theme "JS Bach" Guest: Akira Asada, Junichi Konuma, Akeo Okada
- 5-8 times: Theme "jazz" Guest: Yosuke Yamashita Yoshio Ootani
- 9-12th: Theme "Drum and Bass" Guest: Yukihiro Takahashi, Haruomi Hosono
- Talk: A talk part inviting various guests according to each theme
- Workshop: Workshop corner to teach students practical skills
- Performance: Each time, Ryuichi Sakamoto (+guest) plays the last song every time
"Music Complete Works" by Ryuichi Sakamoto
A total of 30 volumes of CD series that will be released over 10 years with the aim of digging into music as an academic discipline.
Introducing music of all genres, from classical music to rock music to folk music, by volume with a song CD selected by commmons unique selections and a booklet of about 120 pages.
Like the encyclopedia and the complete literature, it is a "music encyclopedia" with a solid texture that makes you want to pass it on to the next generation.
<Title on sale>
- vol. 1 JS Bach (selected Ryuichi Sakamoto)
- vol. 2 Jazz (selected Yosuke Yamashita)
- vol. 3 Debussy (selected Ryuichi Sakamoto)
- vol. 4 Ravel (selected Ryuichi Sakamoto)
- vol. 5 Drums & Bass (Selected by Haruomi Hosono and Yukihiro Takahashi)
commmonsmart, a web lecture is being given by Professor Emeritus Ryuichi Sakamoto!
A "professor" dressed as a doctor in a white coat and wig will tell you about the charm of schola from a humorous perspective, which is different from TV programs. Of course, only commmonsmart can see this lecture.
Please prepare here before the on-air TV program.